Let’s try to cook this classic savoyard dish which I fell in love in my weekend getaway in Annecy! The recipe is very simple and quick with just few ingredients…let’s take a look!
Ingredients (4 people):
- 1 Reblochon cheese
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 3 onions
- 250 gr bacon “lardon”
- salt and pepper
- dry white wine (1/4 cup)
- 50 ml crème fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender to a fork, peel and drain them well, leave to cool. Slice them into medium cubes.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry bacon, add the thinly sliced onions, cook until soft and sweet.
- Slice the potatoes into medium cubes and put them in a low oven proof dish with the bacon and onions.
- Pour over the dry white wine and the crème fraiche to guard against the dish drying out in the oven.
- Cover with the Reblochon cut in half horizontally.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until cheese has melted and bubbling.
- Serve with green salad and a glass of French dry white wine.